The Ugly American: What is it about John Kerry that irks me? Locations of visitors to this page
Open links in secondary window
The Ugly American
Monday, October 25, 2004
  What is it about John Kerry that irks me?
I’ve decided to try to figure out, exactly why, I will never vote for John Kerry.

I’m not a democrat or republican, so it’s not a party line kind of thing, although I do tend to “lean” more to the right in my political viewpoints. There’re plenty of issues I have with both parties.

I think one of the reasons is that I don’t like someone talking “down” to me. I get that feeling just about every time I hear John Kerry speak. That he thinks we, the American people are just too damn dumb to understand where he’s coming from. I got the same feeling, on an even grander scale, listening to Al Gore, 4 years ago. Some will say that’s just because I’m just one of the dumb Americans that can’t read or write…Oh well, that’s me I guess. I like for people that are taking to me to use words and phrases that I understand. I have no problems referencing my thesaurus now and then, but I don’t want to have to do it with every sentence.

I know one of the reasons that he will never get my vote is because of the great respect I have for all American veterans. Being one myself, I am obliged to listen to what my fellow veterans have to say and for the most part, they don’t like John Kerry. They specifically don’t like what is said Kerry did immediately after the Vietnam War. That he gave aid and comfort to the enemy. By meeting with the heads of a foreign country in a time of war, he violated the rules of war. Although I have never heard Kerry speak to this issue directly, even though he has been asked to many times, I have heard his aids say that he was doing what he thought was right and he was attempting to get our country out of a war that no one wanted in the first place.
Vietnam POW’s say that Kerry’s actions prolonged their incarcerations and caused an increase in the levels of torture they were required to endure. They say that Kerry’s own words were played for them to listen to as demands were made that they confess to crimes they had not committed. As far as this issue goes, I’ve heard the youthful indiscretions excuse used, but I’ve never heard John Kerry apologize to the POW’s for what they and many other Americans see as much more than just a “youthful indiscretion”.

I also have trouble keeping up with John Kerry. The line that we’ve all heard a million times, the “I actually voted for the $87 billion, before I voted against it” line is just a killer for me!!! Then he said that he had made that comment at night when he was tired after a long day on the campaign trail. Come to find out, it was made at around noon, on a bright sunny day! How do you keep up with this kind of stuff?? I’ve also heard it explained that he voted that way to send a message…he didn’t want the country to go further into debt. Sending a message is no reason to vote against funds for our military in a time of war!

I also don’t think we’d be hanging out in the same kind of establishments. I’m not the wine and brie kinda guy. I’m more beer and pretzels. I saw some pictures of Kerry, pretending to sit at a bar and have a beer with a guy, but the beer never seemed to get any emptier. Maybe I’m missing something here and hanging out with a guy with a bottomless beer glass might not be a bad thing, but I don’t think so. He’d probably never be caught dead in a Red Lobster or an Appleby’s or any other regular guy place that I might like.

The bottom line is I just don’t like the guy. Haven’t you ever had that feeling about someone? Would you really want to go out and have a beer with this guy? Granted, he can probably get you head of the line anywhere you want, but that’s not worth having to hang out with the guy!

Then there was this…this did it for me...when I saw these pictures, I knew it was all over!!!

What a goof ball!!!
 
Comments:
One of my favorite quotes is "You better believe I might"

I'm with you hands down. Even strong left democrats I know can't believe this guy. Changing his entire opinion or stance in one paragraph.

Then there's the hunting issue
http://thezeke.blogspot.com
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home
Not sure if I am THE ugly American, but I must be AN ugly American, because some Canadian told me so!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia Beach, United States

20 year Navy vet, originally from NJ now living in Virginia Beach and yeah, Life Is Good!

ARCHIVES
October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / November 2009 / December 2009 / January 2010 / February 2010 / March 2010 / April 2010 / May 2010 / June 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / November 2010 / January 2011 / February 2011 / March 2011 / April 2011 / May 2011 / June 2011 / July 2011 / August 2011 / September 2011 / November 2011 / December 2011 / January 2012 / September 2013 / October 2013 / December 2013 / June 2017 /





Contact me!

andru8259 (at) yahoo.com

Links

  • i AM Promotions on Facebook
  • Search for gas prices by US Zip Code
  • Blogcritics: news and reviews
  • Powered by Blogger

  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Search4Blogs - Blog Directory
  • Real Clear Politics
  • FactCheck.Org
  • FoxNews
  • FrontPageMag
  • Slate
  • Drudge Report
  • My-Way
  • RightWingNews
  • ChronWatch
  • RefDesk
  • Google News
  • Google
  • Middle East Media Research Institute
  • CNSNews
  • Media Research
  • Snopes - Urban Legends
  • Worldnetdaily
  • The Smoking Gun
  • check those BS emails!
  • Hubble Image Page
  • Fun stuff!

  • break.com
  • Get Dehydrated Water Now!
  • Check your political compass
  • Check your moral compass
  • QuizFarm.com
  • Check Page Rank of any web site pages instantly:
    This free page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service
  • HTML Stuff you need!

  • Click Here For HTML Goodies
  • Dynamic Drive DHTML code library
  • Who Links Here
  • eXTReMe Tracker
  • Get Free Blog Traffic
  • Nickname Generator
  • PageRank Checking Tool
  • Web Directory
  • Blog Directory